Growing Hearts Walk/Run 2019
A GREAT EVENT, FOR A GREAT CAUSE!!!
THIs is our 1st Annual Growing Hearts Walk/Run.
Come out and join the fun!!!!
- EVENT INFO
- Date; Sunday, Aug 18th. Starts at 9:00 am
- Location; The Brigantino Park in Hollister
- Theme; Hawaiian-(Prize awarded to the best dressed)
- Distance; 6 MILES
- COST; $40, UNTIL JULY 1ST
- Prizes will be awarded to the 1st place male and female finishers of each age group.
- Day of registration will be available starting at 7 am.. Registration closes at 9 am sharp!
- EVENT DETAILS
- This event's theme is Hawaiian!!
- It is a 6 mile walk/run (5 laps total). This event is open to the public. Spectators are welcome to come out and make some noise and support the participants!! Even though this is a timed race, walkers are very welcome to participate as well!!
- There will be one prize for the best dressed Hawaiian costume. And prizes for the 1st place finishers of each age group, both male and female. (Age groups will be 10 years apart)
- There will be two aid stations with water; one at start/finish line and one out on the course. There are porta-potties at start/finish line and out along the course.
- This is a small venue with limited parking. Please register early, as it could sell out. And please car-pool.
- This walk/run event is not on paved roads, so therefore strollers are not allowed on course.
- At the finish line, each participant will enjoy;
- * MUSIC
- * A Succulent plant in a Growing Hearts pot
- * Lots of Cheering
- * Fresh Snacks, Fruit & Water
- REGISTER TODAY!!!
Growing Hearts Garden Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation specializing in supportive employment for individuals in our community with special needs. Through our Project Based Career Training Program we offer many customized learning opportunities. The learning opportunities Growing Hearts provides include independence, self confidence building, teamwork, customer service, and career training. Simultaneously, it is our goal to be a leader in community integration by promoting acceptance in the community and focusing on social, interpersonal and occupation skills.
One of many Growing Hearts long term goals, is to open a nursery, and employ special needs young adults.
Community Food Bank
We are so excited to announce that we are teaming up with the Community Food Bank of San Benito County to build a beautiful functional garden on their site! Small space gardening, fruit trees, and all kinds of edible plants! Our organization is devoted to community based projects that will provide employment for adults with special needs while also giving back.
MY PHOTO GALLERY
This is just example text. Click on this paragraph to edit and add your own content. This area is a great place to provide website viewers with any details on how, when or where to contact you. Be sure to include any details you want your visitors to leave in the contact form of this section.